Our vision, purpose and strategy
Our Vision is a society where blind and partially sighted people can participate fully
In this video Mervyn Williamson, Chairman of Thomas Pocklington Trust outlines the charity’s mission, purpose and strategy.
Our mission is to support blind and partially sighted people of all ages to live the life they want to lead.
Our values define everything we do:
Making a difference: The lives of blind and partially sighted people are better because of what we do.
Working in partnership: We work collaboratively together and with all our partners and stakeholders.
Respect: We treat people the way we would like to be treated.
Quality: We set clear goals and high standards and work efficiently and effectively to achieve them.
Participation: We place the participation of blind and partially sighted people at the heart of everything we do.
Our strategic priorities are to increase awareness and understanding of the needs and aspirations of blind and partially sighted people. We are committed to working with partners and developing and implementing activities and services which meet these needs to increase independence and improve lives. These include:
- Acting as an advocate and positive change agent for blind and partially sighted people.
- Creating opportunities for blind and partially sighted people seeking employment.
- Enabling opportunities and supporting blind and partially sighted people in and entering education.
- Facilitating the voice and encouraging self-determination of blind and partially sighted people.
- Being an effective partner and grant funder based on our knowledge of the sector.
Join our mailing list
Get the latest news, stories and events from Thomas Pocklington Trust by joining our mailing list