National Apprenticeship week 2021
Thomas Pocklington Trust is delighted to support National Apprenticeship week.
Apprenticeships combine on the job training and paid employment. You can join an apprenticeship scheme from leaving school with GCSEs to degree level.
This is the perfect time to find out whether apprenticeships may be the right path for you.
Find out more about apprenticeships:
- Information for potential apprentices has details for future apprentices, parents and employers.
- You can also get more details by visiting apprenticeships if you are resident in England.
- Scotland apprenticeship scheme has a search option to find what vacancies are available.
- If you are in Wales and would like to learn more Gov.Wales provides information on what is available.
- Northern Ireland apprenticeship information can be found at NIdirect.
If you are blind or partially sighted, and are thinking of applying for, are on, or have completed an apprenticeship within the last two years – we would love to hear from you. To share your story please contact email@example.com
If you are a young person considering what options to take for GCSEs or completing your GCSEs and considering an apprenticeship and would like to know how to talk with your careers advisor you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Businesses and professionals
We are also keen to hear from companies and businesses who have or are supporting blind and partially sighted learners or would like to know how to support vision impaired people in the workplace on an apprenticeship. Get in touch with our employment team on email@example.com
Useful resources for businesses
- Our series of Blind and Able videos are a great resource for anyone interested in how assistive technology can support an apprentice.
- Our webinar on accessible technology products is a useful source of information.
- What we see? how the world looks to blind and partially sighted people is a video which simulates six of the most prevalent sight conditions in the UK and how they affect vision.
Share this page
Join our mailing list
Get the latest news, stories and events from Thomas Pocklington Trust by joining our mailing list