At Pocklington we are proud of our employer accreditations, showing our commitment to our staff and our service users.
The Investors in People Standard is a business improvement tool designed to ‘advance an organisation’s performance through its people’. Pocklington first gained this award in 2001, and has been successfully reassessed on a number of occasions since this time, most recently in 2013.
This nationally recognised standard requires the charity to demonstrate that it invests in its staff and has effective communication, training and development mechanisms in place to ensure all staff:
- understand the charity’s purpose, aims and objectives
- are clear about their role in the charity and how they contribute to it achieving its objectives
- receive training and development to support personal development and achievement of the business objectives.
Positive about Disabled People
The disability symbol is awarded by Jobcentre Plus in recognition that employers have agreed to take action to meet five commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. Pocklington first achieved this award in 2002, representing our commitment to promote the employment of people with disabilities.
The symbol’s five commitments, which we implement across the whole organisation, are:
- to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy, and to consider them on their abilities.
- to ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with staff who have a disability how we can work together to make sure they can develop and use their abilities.
- to make every effort when staff become disabled to ensure they stay in employment.
- to take action to ensure that all staff develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make our commitments work.
- each year, to review the five commitments and what has been achieved, to plan ways to improve on them, and let staff and the Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.