This online guide aims to share information for visually impaired people who are looking for a new house, to live independently for the first time, or are experiencing problems in their current accommodation. It will share personal experiences from visually impaired people who have different life circumstances, provide useful suggestions, and signpost to sources for further advice.
The guide is designed to be an interactive tool so any comments, suggestions or personal accounts are welcomed.
Please see the contact us link to get in touch.
To browse the guide, please choose the next page button. Or to help us direct you to the most relevant information, please select a link below that best describes your personal circumstances:
What are your circumstances now?
- I want to think about my options for a future move;
- I am or will be a student;
- I need information on living independently;
- I need information on the moving process.
- I am homeless or facing homelessness/eviction;
- I need to move urgently – I don’t feel safe where I am living now;
- My current home requires repairs or adaptations;