Work experience placements with Manpower
Blind and partially sighted people are invited to apply for work experience placements with the Manpower Group’s HR team. Thomas Pocklington Trust’s employment team is managing the registration process for the placements, the deadline for which is Tuesday 11 July.
Read more about the role below and to register interest email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this work experience is to spend time within the Human Resources Department learning about the role we play in the organisation. Work experience is not just for young people. It can be useful for career changers and people looking to get back into work. It can help you to gain skills and decide what to do.
What will I be doing?
We would like you to join us for a 2 week period to help us embed our commitment to teach you new skills, meet new people, boost your confidence, and to show us and our clients what you can do so we can consider you when a job is available.
The role will be split to ensure you get the most from your placement, it is our expectation that you will:
- Spend time with our HR Managers to understand the role HR plays within ManpowerGroup
- Look at how Human Resources fits into the overall strategy of the organisation
- Look at the HR Strategy and see how we break this down into deliverable actions for the team
- Spend time with 2 HR Business Partners, shadowing them on a day in their working life.
- Understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace/ DSE assessment
- Look at the key elements of an employment contract.
- Take on your own project: whether that be researching how to put together a policy, looking at how we can deliver a training course remotely or looking at how we can improve our staff wellbeing offerings.
What hours will I be working?
We anticipate that you will work 10 – 4 with 30 minutes for lunch
Where will I be working?
We are flexible about location, but it may be that you work remotely for the majority of your placement.
Applicants must be over eighteen years old.
Share this page
Join our mailing list
Get the latest news, stories and events from Thomas Pocklington Trust by joining our mailing list