Getting support in place at university
Registration for this webinar is now closed
Are you blind or partially sighted and looking to start university this year? Do you know what support a university might be able to offer, how to get that support in place?
Thomas Pocklington Trust’s Student Support Service and the University of York held a webinar to discuss how to get support in place.
Watch the webinar below:
For closed captions and to access the transcript please click the You Tube link on the video.
Our free webinar talked through:
- What support a university may typically offer
- When, who and how to contact the university you’re attending or hoping to attend
- What the difference between Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) and university support is
- What wider support is available for you.
- Tara Chattaway, Head of Education at Thomas Pocklington Trust
- Mo Onyett, Student Adviser at the University of York.
- Alice Bennett, IT Accessibility Support Specialist, Teaching and Learning Team at the University of York.
Share this page
Join our mailing list
Get the latest news, stories and events from Thomas Pocklington Trust by joining our mailing list