A guide to the professionals

If supporting  blind or partially sighted child or young person in mainstream education, you may be wondering what other  professionals may be involved in their education.

We have a range of profiles on the key people that may be involved in their education. There are two main specialists are Qualified Teachers of Children and Young people with Vision Impairment (QTVIs) and habilitation specialists

Local offer

You can find out what is available from your local authority via their ‘local offer’ pages. These can be found on their website including any SEND specific careers advice they provide. Every local authority in England must have a local offer, but how specialist support is arranged differs from area to area so it is important to contact vision impairment specialist teams listed directly to find out more.

Read the other pages in this guide...

Join our Facebook group

Return to our Student Support homepage

Back to top

Share this page

Join our mailing list

Get the latest on our campaigns, news and events from Thomas Pocklington Trust by joining our mailing list

Join now

    Have you found this page useful?

    Please help us to improve our website by selecting one of the following options:

    If you would like to contact our team directly please email info@pocklington-trust.org.uk