We believe in a society where blind and partially sighted people can participate fully.
Our strategy places emphasis on education, employment and engagement to support blind and partially sighted people to live the life they want to lead.
Our strategic priorities are to increase awareness and understanding of the needs and aspirations of blind and partially sighted people. We are committed to working with partners and developing and implementing activities and services which meet these needs to increase independence and improve lives. These include:
- Acting as an advocate and positive change agent for blind and partially sighted people.
- Creating opportunities for blind and partially sighted people seeking employment.
- Enabling opportunities for blind and partially sighted people in and entering education.
- Facilitating the voice and encouraging self-determination of blind and partially sighted people.
- Being an effective grant funder based on our knowledge of the sector.
Over the coming year we will extend our network of Sight Loss Councils across the UK and develop services to support blind and partially sighted people wanting to start, restart or progress their careers. We will also develop a student support service to ensure young people with vision impairments have the same potential to participate, achieve and thrive in education as their fully sighted peers.
Partnerships and grants
We work with a wide range of partners and fund a broad range of projects to improve outcomes for blind and partially sighted people in our priority areas across the UK.
From April 2020 we will be launching our new grants programme and inviting expressions of interest. Please keep an eye on our website for more information and updates.